Tragedy and Comedy

Comedy and tragedy masks from Evan Moor's Ancient Civilization History Pockets
Even young children can have fun learning about Greek drama.
While I read to the little boys about Greek drama, they made comedy and tragedy masks.

Ahead of time, have fun making up a "That's Good, That's Bad" story. In case you don't know what that is, it is a story in which the first line is telling another about something good that has happened to you and the other person can say, "That's Good," then you go on to say something negative that happens next, and the other person then can say, "That's bad." Sam made up one for his little brothers. When everybody was finished, Sam read his story and they held up the appropriate masks instead of saying, "That's Good"/"That's Bad." Here is my middle student's story:

It was a beautiful spring day, so I decided to take a walk. Then it started to rain really hard. But I like to get wet.
But then lightning hit me.
But I was rescued by the circus passing by.
So I continued my walk back home and I got lost.
Then I found the park.
When I stepped into the park, I got stung by a bee.
But it was the last bee to leave a hive full of honey.
When I was gettin some of the honey a police officer came by and gave me a ticket for stealing honey.
But it wasn't really a police officer. It was really my best friend in a costume. So we took the honey home and ate it.

I hope you have as much fun with this project as we did.

We are also enjoying reading Theras and his Town.

Popular Posts